Liturgy of the Word with Children
Sometimes, moreover, if the place itself and the nature of the individuals permit, it possibly will be appropriate to celebrate the liturgy of the word, including a homily, with the children in a separate, but not too distant, location. Then, before the eucharistic liturgy begins, the children are led to the place where the adults have meanwhile celebrated their own liturgy of the word.
Directory for Masses with Children, 17
The page brings to gether the various resources on the website designed to help those who assist with Liturgy of the Word with Children at Mass.
- Directory for Masses with Children (pdf)
- This document from the Holy See provides the foundations for good practice in liturgy with children.It gives guidance for the adaptation of the General Instruction of the Roman Missal for Masses with Children.
- Paragraph 17, quoted above, establishes the provision of a separate Liturgy of the Word with Children at Mass.
- Guidelines for Liturgy of Word with children (pdf)
- Prepared by the Department for Christian Life and Worship for England and Wales these guidelines provide a model for best practice and background notes to the various elements of liturgy with children.
- Ministry leaflet
- As part of the the series of Ministry leaflets prepared to accompany the publication of the General Instruction of the Roman Missal there is one for Minstering the Liturgy of the Word to Children at Mass (pdf). Also of interest will be the Reading Guide for Teachers (pdf) which places the Directory for Masses with Children in the context of the General Instruction.
- There are also leaflets for children who are liturgical ministers.
- Spirit of the Season
- A bulletin on liturgy and schools which comes out 6 times a year. It mixes practical advice and resources, reflections on good practice and a deeper understanding of liturgical matters.
- Liturgy Preparation
- Many of the resources identified for Liturgy Preparation Groups will be helpful to those who assist with Liturgy of the Word with Children. In particular the material on the liturgical seasons.