Order of Celebrating Matrimony: Texts & Excerpts
Resources for the Order of Celebrating Matrimony
To assist with the understanding and appreciation of the Order of Celebrating Matrimony the contents of the book are given below together with a number of excerpts.
An overview of the structure of the book and the individual rites is available as a webpage and a download.
Order of Celebrating Matrimony — Introduction
As with all the revised Roman liturgical books the Order of Celebrating Matrimonyhas an Introduction which provides an overview of the theology of the Sacrament, a guide to the rite and the role of liturgical ministers.
Readings from Scripture
An important part of the Marriage liturgy will be the readings from Scripture taken from the Lectionary. New to this edition of the Order of Celebrating Matrimony is a requirement that one of the readings chosen speaks explicitly about marriage. These are shown on the list of readings by the letter 'M'
In preparation are a guide to choosing the readings for the wedding liturgy, questions for reflection on each of the readings and the texts of the readings.
Also in preparation are the following excerpts from the Order of Celebrating Matrimony:
- Marriage Texts (pdf) — includes the Questions before Consent, the Consent etc.
- Prayer texts (pdf) — texts from the Missal (etc.) includes the Collects
- Nuptial Blessings (pdf)
- includes the musical settings
- Universal Prayer (Intercessions) (pdf) — a number of model texts and choices for the Prayer of the Faithful.
- The Order of Blessing of an Engaged Couple (pdf)
- The Order of Blessing of a Married Couple within Mass on the Anniversary of Marriage (pdf)