England & Wales
Keep us alert, we pray, O Lord our God,
as we await the advent of Christ your Son,
so that, when he comes and knows,
he may find us watchful in prayer
and exultant in his praise.
Roman Missal, Monday, 1st Week of Advent
Advent has a twofold character, for it is a time of preparation for the Solemnities of Christmas, in which the First Coming of the Son of God to humanity is remembered, and likewise a time when, by remembrance of this, minds and hearts are led to look forward to Christ's Second Coming at the end of time. for these two reasons, Advent is a period of devout and expectant delight.
After the annual celebration of the Paschal Mystery, the Church has no more ancient custom than celebrating the memorial of the Nativity of the Lord and of his rst manifestations, and this takes place in Christmas Time.
- StudyGuide to Catholic Liturgy
- Feast of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Eternal High Priest & Calendar Notes
- Chrism Mass & Adoremus Resources II
- Adoremus- resources I
- Bishops' Conference November 2017 - Magnum Principium
- Cycle of Prayer - Intercessions & Bible Sunday
- Holydays of Obligation
- The place of silence
- CDF Instruction on Cremation and the Burial of Ashes
- Liturgical Calendar 2017
- Forthcoming Liturgical Translations
- Feast of St Mary Magdalene
Cycle of Prayer — Advent – Christmas
- Openness to the Word of God
- especially on 2nd Sunday of Advent
- Migrants and Refugees
- especially on 3 December
- Expectant Mothers
- especially on 4th Sunday of Advent
The bishops of England and Wales held Adoremus a National Eucharistic Pilgrimage and Congress in Liverpool 7–9 September 2018.
- Further details about Adoremus
- Resources for:
Confirmation & Marriage
New translations of the Order of Confirmation and the Order of Celebrating Matrimony was published in January 2016 for use from Easter 2016.
- Press Release
- Order of Confirmation — Information & Resources
- Order of Celebrating Matrimony — Information & Resources
Visit the Roman Missal website
- Liturgical Calendar
- Cycle of Prayer
Department for Christian Life and Worship
The Department for Christian Life and Worship is one of the six Departments of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales. It is advised by three Committees: