England & Wales
God of everlasting mercy,
who, in the very recurrence of the paschal feast
kindle the faith of the people you have made your own
increase, we pray, the grace you have bestowed,
that all may grasp and rightly understand
in what font they have been washed,
by whose Spirit they have been reborn,
by whose Blood they have been redeemed.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ ….
Roman Missal, Second Sunday of Easter
The fifty days from the Sunday of the Resurrection to Pentecost Sunday are celebrated in joy and exultation as one feast day, indeed as one 'great Sunday'.
These are days above all others in which the Alleluia is sung.
Universal Norms for the Liturgical Year and Calendar, 22
Day of Prayer for Survivors of Abuse
This day is marked in England and Wales on Friday, 5th Week of Lent — 12 April 2019. Prayer resources are available on the Bishops' Conference website.
- Day of Prayer for Survivors of Abuse - 12 April
- St Paul VI added to liturgical Calendar
- StudyGuide to Catholic Liturgy
- Feast of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Eternal High Priest & Calendar Notes
- Chrism Mass & Adoremus Resources II
- Adoremus- resources I
- Bishops' Conference November 2017 - Magnum Principium
- Cycle of Prayer - Intercessions & Bible Sunday
- Holydays of Obligation
- The place of silence
- CDF Instruction on Cremation and the Burial of Ashes
- Liturgical Calendar 2017
- Forthcoming Liturgical Translations
- Feast of St Mary Magdalene
- Peace on Earth
- especially on the Day of Prayer for Peace (2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time) and on Racial Justice day (3 Sundays before the 1st Sunday of Lent)
- Christian Unity
- especially during the Octave of Prayer for Christian Unity (18–25 January
- Victims of Human Trafficking
- especially on St Josephine Bakhita (8 February)
- The Sick and those who care for them
- especially on World Day for the Sick (11 February)
- The Unemployed
- especially on the Day of Prayer for the Unemployed (1 Sunday before the 1st Sunday of Lent)
The bishops of England and Wales held Adoremus a National Eucharistic Pilgrimage and Congress in Liverpool 7–9 September 2018.
- Further details about Adoremus
- Resources for:
Confirmation & Marriage
New translations of the Order of Confirmation and the Order of Celebrating Matrimony was published in January 2016 for use from Easter 2016.
- Press Release
- Order of Confirmation — Information & Resources
- Order of Celebrating Matrimony — Information & Resources
Visit the Roman Missal website
- Liturgical Calendar
- Cycle of Prayer
Department for Christian Life and Worship
The Department for Christian Life and Worship is one of the six Departments of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales. It is advised by three Committees: